Flagstaff Medical Center awarded Consumer Choice Award - December 2012
Flagstaff Medical Center (FMC) was awarded the 2012 Consumer Choice Award by the National Research Corporation. FMC is one of 297 healthcare facilities in the U.S. to receive the prestigious award.
Flagstaff Medical Center recognized with gold achievement award from the American Heart Association - October 2012
Flagstaff Medical Center (FMC) recently received the Get With The Guidelines®–Heart Failure Gold Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association. The Gold Quality Achievement Award recognizes FMC’s commitment to treating heart failure patients according to the guidelines of care recommended by the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology.
FMC receives silver award from the American Heart Association - November 2011
Flagstaff Medical Center received the Get With The Guidelines – Heart Failure Silver Quality Achievement Award from the American Heart Association. The Silver Quality Achievement Award recognizes FMC’s commitment and success in implementing a higher standard of care for heart failure patients.
FMC's Special Care Nursery receives HOPE Caregiver Award - November 2011
Flagstaff Medical Center’s Special Care Nursery received the 2011 HOPE (Honoring Our Professionals for Excellence) Caregiver Award from the Arizona Hospital and Healthcare Association (AzHHA). FMC stood out among 10 other nominees. The award recognizes those who demonstrate extraordinary commitment to the delivery of quality of care to patients and their families.
FMC receives Continued Medical Education (CME) award - June 2011
Flagstaff Medical Center’s Continued Medical Education (CME) program received the C.H. William Ruhe, M.D., Award from the Arizona Medical Association (ArMA). This award recognizes achievement and innovation in continuing medical education programs in Arizona. FMC is the first recipient in three years to receive the award, as the ArMA only presents the award when it believes an organization has demonstrated outstanding performance.
FMC's Women and Infants' Center receives Lactation Care Award - February 2011
Flagstaff Medical Center’s Women and Infants’ Center was recognized for providing excellent care and support to new mothers by employing certified lactation consultants. The International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners (IBLCE) and the International Lactation Consultant Association presented the Lactation Care Award to FMC in recognition of the support resources and expert staff available to nursing mothers and their partners. Less than 200 hospitals in the U.S. are IBCLC Care Award Facilities.
FMC receives 2009 Employer Excellence Award
Flagstaff Medical Center received the Arizona Nurses Association 2009 Employer Excellence Award. Only one healthcare facility in the state is honored with this award once every two years for outstanding support of nursing and creating a professional environment of nursing practice, education and excellence.
Other Awards & Accreditations
- Flagstaff Medical Center is ranked as a Best Regional Hospital by U.S. News and World Report (March 2012)
- Flagstaff Medical Center’s Diabetes Education program was recertified by the American Diabetes Association (ADA) (September 2011)
- Flagstaff Medical Center receives accreditation from DNV Healthcare (July 2011)
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (February 2012 & February 2012)
- Flagstaff Medical Center was awarded the Medal of Honor by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) for its achievements in increasing organ donation rates. (November 2008 and November 2009)
- Flagstaff Medical Center received The Art of Innovation Award from Lean Healthcare Exchange West. (July 2008)