About the Foundation
The Flagstaff Medical Center Foundation helps raise money that ultimately benefits the patients served by FMC. The Foundation is the steward of charitable contributions given in support of FMC and its many departments and programs.
In this capacity, the Foundation:
- Helps identify synergies between donor’s wishes and FMC programs to recommend the best match for fulfilling the donor’s charitable giving goals
- Informs the donor of giving options to determine the method that will maximize benefits for the donor and for FMC
- Receives, deposits, records and tracks all charitable contributions made to departments and programs at FMC
- Allocates funds back to departments, allowing the fulfillment of the donor’s wishes and the empowerment of the department to fulfill its specific mission
- Acknowledges donors with an appropriate level of stewardship that may include thank-you letters, face-to-face visits or public recognition
- Provides donors with documentation necessary for tax purposes in making a charitable contribution to a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization
A secondary purpose of the Foundation is to annually award funds to community-based organizations through the hospital's Foundation Awards Program.