Modes of Transport
Guardian Air utilizes six Bell 407s, a Pilatus PC-12 and a Critical Care Ambulance. With these three methods of moving patients we have the capability of providing the safest and most appropriate mode of transport for our patients.
Bell 407 high-altitude performance helicopter
- Speed: 140 mph
- Night vision goggle equipped
- High-altitude capability including exceptional hover performance
- Capable of reaching remote areas
Pilatus PC-12 most reliable single-engine aircraft
Speed: 230 mph
Rugged, short runway landing capabilities
Extra large patient loading door
Space available for family members to travel with patient at no charge
Aircraft operated by Air Methods, Inc.
Critical Care ambulance
Modifications from most standard ambulances:
- Carries up to four main Oxygen and/or Medical Air Cylinders
- Bariatric ramp and winch system
- Automatic chains for safety in inclement weather
Ambulance operated in partnership with Guardian Medical Transport.