Nurse Navigator Program
An oncology nurse navigator is a healthcare professional who specializes in all aspects of cancer care including education, care coordination, treatment options and survivorship plans. The Nurse Navigator program at the Cancer Centers of Northern Arizona Healthcare provides guidance, emotional support and care management to those recently diagnosed with cancer and their families.
- Assisting with understanding diagnosis and various treatment options
- Education on prescribed diagnostic procedures
- Guidance throughout the cancer treatment journey
- Emotional support
- Information on helpful services and resources available
- Identifying options for available care
- Help with coordinating care with other healthcare providers
- Education on cancer survivorship programs
Our oncology nurse navigators will contact patients soon after they receive a diagnosis, and are available anytime during one’s cancer journey. These services make it easier for cancer patients to concentrate on the healing and recovery process.
For more information on the Nurse Navigator Program, call 855 471-4748.
Verde Valley Medical Center and the Cancer Centers of Northern Arizona Healthcare – Sedona are elevating the cancer care available in the Verde Valley through an affiliation agreement with The University of Arizona Cancer Center. The affiliation leverages the strengths of these respected and established organizations to expand treatment options for cancer patients throughout the region. The University of Arizona Cancer Center is the only National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center headquartered in Arizona and one of just 41 comprehensive cancer centers in the US.