Patient Resources and Information
Our dietitian consults with patients to help them maintain a healthy diet and address any related nutritional needs during treatment. The dietitian identifies treatment goals, develops a nutrition prescription and provides individualized counseling for the patients throughout the course of their treatment.
General cancer support groups for patients, family and friends provide guidance and hope from others who have experienced the diagnosis of cancer.
Various screenings for specific types of cancer are offered throughout the year.
Breast Cancer Resource Center
The Breast Cancer Resource Center is designed for women in need of resources, guidance and coordination of their cancer. Women receive compassionate support and tools to help them in thier journey from diagnosis on through treatment.
The Breast Cancer Resource Center program offers:
- An individualized and coordinated plan of care for each woman
- A select team of healthcare professionals experienced in the field of breast cancer
- A breast health navigator to facilitate each woman through her individual process
- A variety of wigs and prosthesis to help women feel good about themselves
- Educational resources such as books, DVDs and publications
- Breast cancer support group
- Look Good Feel Better program
- Massage Therapy
- Lymphedema Therapy
Resources - patient consultation or referral
The Cancer Centers of NAH offer assistance connecting patients with community agencies, filing for disability, addressing insurance issues and gathering information about a specific cancer. For patient consultation or referral, call the Flagstaff Campus at 928 773-2261 or 800 854-7744.