Emergency Services at Flagstaff Medical Center is a 29-bed unit which offers advanced emergency services, including medical, surgical, pediatric, cardiac, trauma and interdisciplinary care to patients in Northern Arizona.
Emergency Services includes the Emergency Department, Trauma Services, Observation Unit and the Pre-hospital Care Department.
Flagstaff Medical Center is a state-designated as a Level I Trauma Center.
FMC is one of seven Arizona hospitals that have received a Level I designation by Arizona Department of Health Services and is the only facility in Arizona designated by ADHS to offer trauma services north of Phoenix.
Expert Professional Care
- Board-certified emergency physicians, 24/7 coverage, with backup call schedule
- Registered nurses with specialized training in trauma, certified emergency nursing, pediatric and cardiac care.
- 24-hour physician coverage and backup call coverage for most specialties
- Trauma Services
- Level I Trauma Center
- Dedicated trauma bays
- Overhead X-ray
- Computerized documentation
- Cardiac Services
- Dedicated private cardiac rooms
- Imaging Services
- Computerized tomography (CT), MRI, Cath Lab, Laboratory and toxicology services working around the clock
- Information systems for Micromedex
- Behavioral health assessments
- Helipad on roof with dedicated elevator
- Radio communication with Medical Control for 16 outlying agencies
- Pediatric Services
- 23-hour Observation Unit
Coordination of Community Services
- Flagstaff Police Department
- Air-Flight Services
- Victim Witness
- Safe Child services
- Domestic Violence coordinators
- Northland Family Help Center (women's shelter)
- Psychiatric services
- NACASA Community Education
- You Drink You Drive You Lose
- Click It or Ticket
- Car Seat Safety Check
- Drinking and Driving Education
- Bike Safety