Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit (CVICU)
The CVICU provides a high level of care for the cardiac patient. The 11-bed unit utilizes state-of-the-art technology and specially trained staff to provide the most advanced care to those patient who are recovery from heart sugery.
Staffing ratios are one nurse to every two patients; one nurse to one patient; and when the the acquity level of the patient warrants, more than one nurse may be assigned to a patient. Our expert staff provides quality care to the cardiac patient and their family.
Specialized medical equipment
- Marquette Monitoring System monitors test results, oxygen saturation and blood pressure
- Draeger Medical Ventilators help facilitate breathing for respiratory patients
- Alaris Smart Pumps decrease medication errors by supporting nurse's decision making abilities at the point of care
- Cerner Computerized Patient Record System fully supports all patient care functions for charting, managing orders and analyzing data
Step Down Unit
The Step Down Unit is for the cardiac patient who has progressed to a recovery level that no longer requires being in an intensive care unit, but who still needs monitored care before being released from the hospital. The 14-bed unit has cardiac monitors for all patients and is near the CVICU in the event the patient needs additional care.
The Telemetry Unit is for the cardiac patients who does not require extensive care, but who is not ready to transition home. The 34-bed unit has specially trained telemetry technicians who continually monitor each patient's heart rhythm via electronic transmission from the patient's room.
All units are staffed my a multidisciplinary team the specializes in the care of the cardiac patient including:
- Board-certified Physicians and Surgeons
- Intensivists (physicians who specialize in caring for critically ill patients)
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Respiratory Therapists
- Registered Dietitians
- Cardiology Technicians
- Social Workers and Case Managers
- Pharmacists (on the units)
- Patient Care Technicians