da Vinci Surgical System
FMC is the only hospital in Northern and Central Arizona to offer this advanced, minimally invasive surgical technology.
The da Vinci Surgical System is FDA-approved for use in general, bariatric, cardiac, urology and gynecology procedures. FMC is using the system in each of these surgical specialities.
The da Vinci offers patients:
- Less post-operative pain
- Reduced trauma to the body
- Less scarring
- Shorter hospital stays
- Reduced blood loss and need for transfusions
- Quicker recovery and return to normal activities
The system enhances a surgeon’s capabilities by combining three-dimensional, high-definition robotics to extend the surgeon’s eyes and hands deep into the surgical field through small, precise movements. The system allows complex surgeries to be less invasive because the surgery is performed through tiny incisions, rather than through large, open incisions.
Cath Lab Technology and Equipment
- GE Innova Flat-Panel Digital System: This multi-view camera, used in the Cath Lab, rotates around the patient allowing for different X-ray views without moving the patient. This system uses 40 percent less radiation, 40 to 50 percent less contrast dye, and greatly enhanced image quality.
- Marquette MAC LAB hemodynamic System: This system monitors multiple readings including blood pressure, EKG, pulse and oximetry. It serves as the sole documentation source for Cath Lab procedures.
Inpatient Units Technology and Equipment
- Marquette Monitoring System monitors test results, oxygen saturation and blood pressure
- Draeger Medical Ventilators help facilitate breathing for respiratory patients
- Alaris Smart Pumps decrease medication errors by supporting the nurse's decision making abilities at the point of care
- Cerner Computerized Patient Record System fully supports all patient care functions for charting, managing orders and analyzing data