The Renal Services Department provides treatments for inpatients with acute and chronic kidney-related diseases. By providing the highest quality care and education for patients, we strive to create a friendly and comfortable environment utilizing the latest technology. Individualized care is our top priority.
Our primary goal is to ensure the best possible treatment and outcomes for the patient. The Renal Services department staff consists of a board-certified nephrologist and certified nurses on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide emergency dialysis treatment. Our nursing team collaborates with physicians to give effective service to patients and their family.
- Acute hemodialysis program —These treatments are for inpatients only, with dialysis occurring in the Renal Department or the patient’s room.
- Dialysis machines — The department utilizes the Fresenius 2008K machines. Options include Online Kinetic Assessment, Online Patient Hypertension Management, Online Dialysate Management, Online Remote Service Diagnostics, Online Treatment Records Management and Automatic Blood Pressure Monitoring System.
- Continuous monitoring equipment — This equipment provides monitoring of patient’s vital signs during dialysis.
- Board-certified nephrologist (physician) orders dialysis services
- Registered nurses with specialized training in dialysis assist the physician
- Certified clinical hemodialysis technician
- Treatment options
- Questions about the diagnosis
- During renal procedures, a videotape is played for patients and their family for additional educational support.