The da Vinci® Surgical System allows surgeons to perform complex procedures through 1-2 cm incisions, which means that minimally invasive surgical therapies are now available to millions of patients.
For most patients, minimally invasive procedures performed with the da Vinci Surgical System can offer numerous potential benefits over open-abdominal surgery, including:
- Shorter hospital stay
- Less pain and scarring
- Less risk of wound infections
- Less blood loss and fewer transfusions
- Faster recovery
- Quicker return to normal activities
General Surgical Procedures
The da Vinci Surgical System can also be used across a broad range of general surgical procedures including:
- Bariatric (weight loss)
- Esophageal (reflux disease)
da Vinci General Surgeons at FMC
- Andrew Aldridge, M.D., general surgeon, graduated from the University of Arizona (UofA) College of Medicine, Tucson, Ariz. Dr. Aldridge performed an internship and residency at the UofA and has participated in a multitude of training sessions at other bariatric surgery institutions. He is a member of the American Medical Association, Arizona Medical Association and the Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons. Dr. Aldridge has performed more than 250 bariatric surgery cases.
- Robert Berger, M.D., general surgeon, graduated from the University of Arizona (UofA) College of Medicine, Tucson, Ariz. Dr. Berger performed an internship and residency at the UofA, and completed a fellowship in minimally invasive surgery at the University of Illinois, Chicago. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons, the Society of the American Gastroenterologic Surgeons and the American Society of Bariatric Surgeons. Dr. Berger has performed more than 500 bariatric surgery cases.